The International Honours Degree in Teaching
Do you want to become a teacher with an international profile?
University College Zealand (UCZ) offers an international honor’s degree as part of the Professional Bachelor’s Degree in Teacher Education.
The increased number of international schools worldwide is creating a high demand for teachers with intercultural competences. As a response to this demand, UCZ has developed an honor’s degree with an international focus.
All students must apply to the Danish Teacher Education program that authorizes you to teach in the Danish primary and lower secondary schools. Once you are enrolled, you have two options for pursuing an international profile:
- You can take individual modules in English from the honor’s degree. It will be noted on your diploma that you have obtained intercultural competences from these modules. The rest of your classes will be in Danish.
- You can apply to complete the full honor’s degree as part of your Danish Teacher Education degree.
In order to graduate with honors you must:
- Take the three modules “English as an additional language”
- Take the module “General Education (KLM)” (a special course comprising 20 ECTS points)
- Spend one semester studying abroad or have a teaching experience abroad
- Take one teaching subject taught in English, which contains additional international competences.
- Collect and select material during the programme for a portfolio and subsequent presentation/test in 7