Moving to Denmark?

Moving to a new country is an exciting and challenging experience.

If you would like to know more about life as a student in Denmark, please visit, where you will also find some general information about accommodation in Denmark.

Important information for non-EU/EEA students

If you are a non-EU/EEA student, you need a residence permit or visa for your stay in Denmark.

The specific type of permit or visa depends on your country of origin and purpose in Denmark; studies, internship, clinical/practical placement etc. You can read more about the rules and regulations at

Once you have been accepted to University College Zealand, we will initiate the application procedure for a permit or visa. When we have all the documents prepared, they will be sent to you by e-mail with instructions for the further process.

It is essential that you move forward with your application for a residence permit or visa in Denmark as quickly as possible, as the Danish Immigration service may take several months to process your application.

New student at UCZ?

Get off to a good start! Click here!

SU for Non-Danish full degree students

Normally, you must be a Danish citizen to be entitled to the Danish Students' Grants and Loans (SU). If you are a foreign citizen, however, you have the possibility of applying for equal status with Danish citizens and thus being approved to receive SU.

Read more about SU as a foreign citizen here.

Cxense Display